Monday, June 1, 2015

Take a seat at the table...

Welcome to my new blog!!!

I am so excited that you have joined me in this journey and I hope that you feel comfortable at the table.  Here I will be discussing things that I have interest in such as movies, books, spirituality and video games!  You are more than welcome to post comments or questions and just be a part of the table discussion.  I have some ambitious plans so I hope you enjoy.

Just a quick word of introduction on this first post.  My name is Chris McCurdy and I am the pastor at United Presbyterian Church in Rice Lake, WI.  Being a pastor is a hard job to have because, in general, I have never agreed very much with the actions or principles of the larger institutional church. It is okay though because God is full of grace and God works through me!!!  So basically if I do my best and fail completely then God is still God and there will still be grace!

You should know that I am a huge nerd because I love video games, the Lord of the Rings and all sorts of different gadgets and tech.  Another love of mine is football on any level and I am always down to watch a game of any sport.  Except fishing... I don't understand watching fishing.

The best part of my life has to be my family.  I have a beautiful daughter named Lillian and an amazing wife named Jessica.  We do everything together so almost every post will have them in it.  My love of family is also where this blog comes into play.  I remember sitting at the table, as a child, and having a discussion with my brother, sister and parents and really feeling uplifted and closer to them at the same time.  Although this will never be the same I want to have discussions and learn more about everyone.

So don't be afraid to comment and keep an eye out for corresponding video blog content to come soon.  Thanks for joining and I'll see you at the table tomorrow!



2 comments:

  1. I am here and I can hardly wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dinner table discussions, just gotta love it! Back before parents were pressured into making sure the kids had every possible opportunity, Dad insisted we all sit down every evening for dinner together, and we were also required to participate in the table discussion. Sometimes controversial, sometimes enlightening, and sometimes I would rather not have been there. I won't guarantee that I'll be here for every dinner, but I'll certainly check in from time to time.

    ReplyDelete